Frames and Lenses for Your Individual Eyewear Needs Despite recent innovations in contact lenses and vision correction surgery, eyeglasses are more popular than ever. Fashion-conscious consumers love the variety of “looks” you can achieve with the wide selection of designer frames available at Chang Eye Group. Those seeking high-tech vision or the latest in comfort and convenience will find lenses to meet every need. And Chang Eye Group’s knowledgeable opticians ensure the eyewear selections are offered at price points to fit your budget.
What’s New in Frame Materials? Most frames are fabricated from plastic or metal, but can be made from any workable material. Do you suffer from skin allergies? Consider hypoallergenic materials such as titanium or stainless steel to avoid a skin condition known as contact dermatitis. Certain frames offer flexible spring hinges, and other frames “flex” all over, reducing the possibility of breakage. These durable frames are ideal for children’s eyeglasses.
Lenses: Thinner, Lighter and Clearer Vision No matter your age or visual needs, everyone enjoys the newest lenses at Change Eye Group, which are thinner, lighter and provide clearer vision than ever before. At Chang Eye Group, our skilled opticians collaborate with your doctor to determine the best lenses for your eyes. Some lens designs, materials and treatments that are currently available include:
- High-index materials and aspheric designs, both of which make lenses thinner and lighter. Asperic designs also correct for small distortions in vision that can be associated with more traditional lenses.
- Wavefront technology lenses sharpen visual clarity. The design is based on very precise measurements of the way light travels through your eye.
- Polycarbonate and Trivex lenses are up to 10 times more impact-resistant than regular plastic, the perfect choice for children and active adults.
- Photochromic lenses such as Transitions® have chemical coatings or special internal changes allowing them to darken in bright conditions, and then return to normal in ordinary indoor lighting or at night.
- UV-protective lenses, such as XperioUV® protect your eyes from damaging ultra-violet rays.
- Polarized lenses reduce glare from flat, reflective surfaces (like water) and also reduce eye fatigue.
- Crizal® anti-reflective lenses often are the answer for those who drive a lot or spend many hours at a computer. Anti-reflective coating, or AR, can dramatically improve the look and comfort of your glasses and also reduce glare and allow more light into your eyes for better night vision.
- Over the age of 40? You will appreciate the latest progressive lens designs, such as the Varilux® line of lenses, allow you to see naturally at near, intermediate (computer use) or distance.
Whether you have received an eyewear prescription from a Chang Eye Group doctor or from another eye care practice, our expert opticians look forward to serving you with eyeglass frames and lenses that meet your individual visual needs and eyewear preferences.